On this safeguarding children level 2 course you will develop a greater understanding of how to safeguard and protect children and young adults. We will teach you how to respond to evidence of concerns that a child or young person is at risk of being abused or neglected.
You will learn about the safeguarding structure and how to recognise risk, identify abuse and report concerns. You will also gain an understanding of your role in establishing a safe environment and safe working practices to protect children and young people from harm and safeguard their welfare.
The one day safeguarding children level 2 course will teach you:
- The law on safeguarding children and young people
- How to report concerns about children and young people
- How to deal with concerns that a child or young person has been abused
- How to spot different types of child abuse
- How to respond to evidence that a child or young person has been abused or is at risk
- How to deal with allegations and complaints
- How to share information with other staff and agencies about abuse or suspected abuse
By successfully completing this safeguarding children level 2 course you will learn how to establish a safe environment for children and young people. You will also gain confidence in upholding safe working practices to protect children and young people from harm and abuse.
After finishing the course, you will be able to:
- Deal with child protection and safeguarding
- Provide an up to date and safe environment for children and young people
- Ensure that you and your organisation complies with the law
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
Who is the course for?
The safeguarding children level 2 course is ideal if you work with children and young people. Whether you are a teacher, school staff, nursery staff, youth worker, childminder, sports coach, outdoor activity instructor, after-school club staff or volunteer, we will teach you the required safeguarding skills.
We invite all skills levels to complete the course, whether you are a complete beginner or had previous safeguarding children training but want to update your skills. We also recommend retraining is completed every three years to ensure your knowledge remains current.
How is the course assessed?
Throughout the safeguarding children level 2 course you will be assessed through a range of exercises and you will be required to complete an end of day multiple choice assessment.
This safeguarding children level 2 course will allow you to look further into expanding your career into the support and development of children and young people. It will also be beneficial as part of other training involving children or young people in the education sector.