Our intermediate food safety course will cover a broad range of content regarding food safety standards. You will learn how to confidently prevent and control any food safety hazards that may occur in your workplace.
The intermediate food safety course will include:
- The legal requirements for food safety
- Appropriate food preservation and temperature controls
- Workplace cleaning, disinfecting and waste disposal
- Staff training and personal hygiene
- Managing pest control
- Food safety tools and procedure
By successfully completing our intermediate food safety course, you will be awarded the Level 3 Certificate in Food Safety. With this qualification, you will be able to confidently manage and educate your colleagues on the correct protocol for food safety.
Being awarded this nationally recognised qualification means you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of food safety
- Understand the role of a food handler
- Ensure thorough knowledge of food legislation
- Utilise food safety management tools
Who is the course for?
Our intermediate food safety course is suitable if you work in a food handling business at a supervisory level, such as a supervisor, manager or team leader. We also recommend this course if you require a broad understanding of food hygiene and work in quality assurance, customer care or are involved in buying stock.
How is the course assessed?
As part of our intermediate food safety course, you will be required to complete a multiple-choice examination at the end of the one day course.