We will focus on teaching you the skills required to be a workplace first aider. We will cover a range of topics to give you hands-on practice in applying CPR, treating bleeding, broken bones, asthma, heart attacks, head injuries and more. By getting firsthand experience, you will be confident in applying these skills at any level of an emergency lifesaving situation.
We will guide you through the first aid at work course programme, which includes:
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation, including CPR
- Control of bleeding and minor wounds
- Treating shock
- Dealing with a heart attack
- How to handle a stroke
- What to do in a diabetic emergency
- Dealing with anaphylaxis
- How to help somebody having an asthma attack
- Dealing with an epileptic seizure
- What to do if someone is choking
- Poisoning including overdose
- How to treat eye injuries
- How to treat burns and scalds
- What to do if someone has a head injury
- What to do if someone has a spinal injuries
- How to treat fractures, dislocations, strains and sprains
- Recognition of illness and injury
- Record accidents and illnesses
- Contents and use of first aid boxes
- Personal hygiene in first aid situations
- Communication in an emergency
After you complete the first aid at work course you will be able to effectively apply the latest first aid techniques and be a confident first aider in the workplace. You will also help ensure that your employer complies with First Aid at Work Regulations, giving you the skills to:
- Confidently deal with emergencies
- Give safe and effective treatment
Who is the course for
This first aid at work course is ideal if you are looking to extend your first aid role in the workplace. We welcome anyone to take part in the course, whether you already know about first aid or are a complete beginner.
How is the course assessed?
You will be continuously assessed on the theory and practical skills taught within the 3 days of training. You will also demonstrate the proper application of first aid treatments on the course.
After completing the first aid at work course, you will be qualified to give first aid in the workplace. The Level 3 First Aid at Work certification can also give you a better chance in the job market. It can help you move to a new area of work or help you to gain a higher level of responsibility in your current employment.