We will teach you how to respond to any workplace emergency with confidence. Learning a range of skills, you will be shown essential lifesaving techniques such as CPR, resuscitation, and dealing with bleeding and choking. Along with this, you will also learn how to manage medical conditions such as asthma, epileptic seizures, and other emergency situations which you might be faced with.
Our emergency first aid at work course programme will include:
- Introduction to first aid
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- How to treat bleeding
- Resuscitation including CPR
- How to use an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- What to do if someone is choking
- Dealing with an epileptic seizure
- Treating shock
- How to treat burns and scalds
- How to deal with minor wounds
- Severe allergic reactions
- Contents of first aid boxes and their use
- Recording accidents and illnesses
By completing our emergency first aid at work training course you will learn the skills and knowledge needed to deal with common first aid problems. We will provide you with up to date training on the safe treatment of injuries and illnesses, and teach you how to keep the situation under control until emergency services arrive.
Our emergency first aid at work training course will give you the confidence to:
- Deal with most common first aid emergencies including choking, CPR, shock and bleeding
- Contain an emergency first aid situation until professional help arrives
- Use the contents of a workplace first aid kit
Who is the course for?
The emergency first aid at work course is open to all skills levels, whether a complete beginner or a qualified first aid trainer. It doesn’t matter if you have no prior knowledge or are a complete pro, we will help you learn the skills needed to gain this nationally-recognised qualification.
Our emergency first aid at work course is most suitable for people who:
- Are responsible for the safe-keeping of others
- Are, or wish to be, your workplace first aid appointed person
How is the course assessed?
You will be assessed on the theory and practical skills covered throughout the one-day course.
After our emergency first aid at work course, you can go on to gain further first aid training. You can progress on to complete our First Aid at Work 3-day course. The completion of this course will leave you qualified as a first aider under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
If working in a nursery, pre-school or childminding position, it is essential you complete a paediatric first aid training course. Once you have completed this emergency first aid at work course, you can go on to finish our 1-day Paediatric First Aid course. We will teach you the skills needed to meet Ofsted and the Department of Education requirements.